Message from the University President
Chairman of the Aichi Shukutoku University Board of Trustees
President of Aichi Shukutoku University
Aichi Shukutoku University's Institute for Gender and Women's Studies officially opened in April 1994. Following twelve months of groundwork the Institute actually commenced operations in April the following year to coincide with the university becoming completely co-educational.
This is an era in which we are witnessing the acceleration of internationalization, the aging of society, and in which women are playing a rapidly expanding role. The introduction this year of a co-educational system at Aichi Shukutoku University, recognizes the paramount importance of finding a means of harmonious co-existence between the generations, genders and nationalities.
I have high expectations that the publication of this newsletter will contribute to the understanding of the harmonious co-existence between men and women that is the goal of this university.
From now through the 21st Century, women are expected to advance further into every sector of our society, to change the social roles assigned to women and men, and strive for quality in the relationship between the sexes.
The objectives of the Institute are to reevaluate the fixed roles asinged to women and men in society, and to gather information on cases of gender-based discirmination worldwide. These materials will be presented for educational and research purposes, and to contribute to the realization of a better society where women and men live and paticipate in equality.
Locacion on Campus
Aichi Shukutoku Univ. 8th Bldg. 4th Floor
9 2-Chome Katahira, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan Zip 480-1197
TEL : 0561-62-4111（EX2498）
FAX : 0561-63-9308
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00
- Collection and Dissemination of information related to studies on gender,women and sexuality
- Establishing exchange programs with related institute worldwide
- Production of educational materials and presentation of them to students, scholars and public
- Holding international symposia and seminars
- Maintaining a reading room for materials such as papers, books, videos, women's and gender studies
- Providing access to the National Women's Education Center database of women's information