The applicant must fulfill the following conditions.
- The applicant must have completed twelve years of mandatory education and be eligible to enter university, or the equivalent.
- The applicant must have achieved grades of at least 75 points on a 100 point scale, or a 2.75 GPA on a 4.00 scale, at their last educational institution.
30 students (including exchange program students)
Selection Criteria and Notification of Selection Results
Selection is based on an examination of the applicant's submitted documents. However, an interview may also be held if necessary (this only applies to applicants currently residing in Japan). Results will be sent within six weeks (scheduled for beginning of June) of the application deadline. We do not respond to requests for information regarding selection results. Depending on circumstances in students' individual countries or areas, it may take longer than expected for results to reach applicants.
Notes on Application Procedures
- We only accept applications that are postmarked by the deadline. We do not accept appliation documents brought to the office in person.
- Please submit applications using registered mail or courier service (i.e. a service that provides receipt of delivery).
- If we do not receive the application fee by the submission deadline, the application will become invalid.
- All application documents must be received by the deadline without exception.
- Please fill in the application using either Japanese or English. Applications filled out in any other language require the attachment of either an English or Japanese translation.
- All documents except the letter of academic recommendation, the certiticate of health and the declaration of financial support should be completed by the applicant. Applications filled out by someone other than the applicant will be automatically rejected.
- Submitted application documents will not be returned.
- Applicants found to have falsified information on their application will be automatically dismissed.
- Selection results will be mailed to the applicant's current address as listed on the application; please be sure that this address is correct.
- Exchange students from partner institutions do not need to pay the application fee.
*Please consult this checklist carefully when completing the application.
|1||Application Form for Admission (Provided Form)||1|
|2||Background in Japanese Language Study (Provided Form)||1|
|3||Statement of Purpose (Provided Form)||1|
|4||Statement of Future Plans (Provided Form)||1|
|5||Letter of Academic Recommendation (Provided Form)||1|
|6||Certificate of Health (Provided Form)||1|
|7||Declaration of Financial Support（Provided Form）||1|
|8||Proof of Financial Means to Live in Japan||as necessary|
|9||Sworn Statement (Provided Form)||1|
|10||Certificate of Graduation/Official Transcripts||as necessary|
|11||Copy of Passport (if applicable)||as necessary|
|12||Copy of visa/Residence Card (if applicable)||as necessary|
|13||Photograph (4cm vertical x 3cm horizontal) （Computer printouts are not acceptable）||4|
|14||Application Fee - 10,000 yen（Not needed for exchange students）||-|
Application & Application Fee (10,000 yen) Deadline
Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year has passed.
※Application documents for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available online from the middle of February in 2021.
Center for Japanese Language and Culture, Aichi Shukutoku University 23 Sakuragaoka, chikusa, Nagoya, Aichi 464-8671 JAPAN
Notification of Selection Results
Successful applicants will receive notice of their selection by mail within 6 weeks (scheduled for end of May) of the application deadline.
Download Application Form
Application Form（For September 2020 Enrollment）
It is available to download here.
* Exchange students are required to submit pages 1 to 3 of the “Application for Certificate of Eligibility”along with other application forms.